With a keen strategic eye, and vast experience in dealing with high net worth divorce, Karen is a seasoned and devoted advocate. Karen has practiced exclusively in the area of Matrimonial and Family Law involving divorce, custody, Prenuptial Agreements, domestic violence, and related issues, for the last 25 years. She has successfully handled many complex high asset divorce matters involving complicated business evaluation and financial issues. Karen's approach is to achieve the most favorable result for her clients in the most efficient and cost effective manner, while ensuring that her clients are protected at all times. She is always prepared to settle outside of the courtroom, but when it appears litigation is a necessity, Karen's advocacy is unparalleled.
Karen is a cum laude graduate of Fairleigh Dickinson University and received her law degree from Seton Hall University School of Law. After completing law school, she served as Law Clerk for the Honorable Mark B. Epstein, the then presiding Judge in the Family Part in the Superior Court of Middlesex County. Karen was an associate with Robert T. Corcoran, P.C. since 1995, having recently joined Corcoran Family Law Group, LLC, which was formed by Mr. Corcoran's daughter, Sara J. Corcoran, Esq., the sole member of our Firm.
In addition to Karen's reputation as a sought after litigator, she is also a certified divorce mediator, where she employs her vast experience to those matters appropriately positioned for prompt and amicable resolution.
Karen honed her skills by participating in the New Jersey Inns of Court and serves the legal community as a volunteer panelist in the Matrimonial Early Settlement Panel Program.
Karen has been recognized as one of the Top Lawyers in Bergen County in the area of Family Law for 2011, 2014, and 2015 in 201 Magazine. Karen has also been rated in Martindale Hubbell as Distinguished by peers, which rating indicates that she has been widely respected by her peers for high professional achievement and ethical standards.
- 1990 – State of New Jersey
- 1990 – U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- Fairleigh Dickinson University B.S., Cum Laude, 1985
- Seton Hall University J.D., 1990
- Law Clerk, Honorable Mark B. Epstein, Presiding Judge Family Part, Superior Court of New Jersey, Chancery Division, Family Part, Middlesex County, 1990-1991
- Certified Divorce Mediator, having completed the mediation program with the Institute of Dispute Resolution in Montclair, NJ
- Bergen County (Family Law Committee) Bar Association
- New Jersey State (Family Law Section) Bar Association
- New Jersey Family Law Inns of Court (1997-1998)
- Top Lawyers in Bergen County 2011, 2014, 2015, 201 Magazine